Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Project Topic

For my project, I decided to go with one of the example topics; "Ebay: community or bazaar?". This topic interested me because in addition to its social aspect, Ebay also has a monetary aspect to it. Additionally, while a lot of other forms of new media are simply old media on updated platforms, I feel that Ebay creates something completely new that wasn't even possible a few decades ago. By blending aspects of a community with that of a marketplace, along with the ability for near instant accessibility, Ebay is something unlike anything that has come before it, and for my project, I plan on focusing on this blend.

2 comments:

  1. Ebay really has made business transaction extremely easy and it has allowed us to sell things to people around the world. Me and my step brother are active sellers on Ebay and it so easy and the best part is that its secure. You can also tie in how worldwide couriers and paypal helped enhance the ebay experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I had no idea. Yeah, ebay really has come a long way!

    ReplyDelete

New Media Blog List